Friday, April 12, 2013

Trugging along nicely!

I mentioned the other day that I am creating a few things to use in my kitchen once the remodelling is done.
The work on my kitchen extension is starting this weekend...yay! My garage is stacked with building material. Tomorrow first thing I am taking before pics!!

This simple little trug is another piece done!
I found it on the fleamarket for about $2 and wanted to give it a chippy paint effect!
 
I added the definition of TRUG to the side!
I distressed the heck out of it using a credit card!
You can see the effect of the distressing with the credit card to make it look chippy...yummy!
 
 
It would look nice filled with fruit, veg or pine cones!
 
Dreaming of a farmhouse kitchen!:)

 
 
You can often find me at these fabulous parties:
 

 

14 comments:

  1. What a charming makeover and thanks for sharing the idea of using a credit card to distress with (that's a new one to me). Also, thanks for coming by and leaving a comment about my question:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment Linda.

      Its obviously a burning question and I am so happy that you raised it, and how interesting to read everybody's opinion.

      Blessings
      Sumaya

      Delete
  2. I like the wood basket makeover with the word and definition; hadn't thought of that. Have a Blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessed day to you too Trisha, and thanks for always stopping by:)

      Delete
  3. I never thought of using a credit card before - great idea, Sumaya! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can also slap on different colors and while still wet, drag the credit card through the wet paint to get that variation in color!

      Thanks Angie:)

      Delete
  4. Love this idea and the finished look...sweet!
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Cindy! Much appreciated:)


      Hugs,
      Sumaya

      Delete
  5. The trug is lovely! What a nice finish. I love those old bottles, too. Milk bottles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. Those are old milk bottles. I wish I had a vintage bottle carrier. I won quite a few of these charming milk bottles on online auctions:)

      Hugs
      Sumaya

      Delete
  6. Love this!! Perfectly distressed! (how creative, using a credit card :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I bought my vintage baseballs after I saw it in your very first post. I am still searching for the perfect wire basket to show them off in:) I am a shameless copycat...lol

      Have a stunning week!

      Sumaya

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anita. Appreciated....almost 100 followers - on 79 now(Smile!)

      Delete

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips